XKE Dash Legend - Switch Indicator Strip

Hi All,

Today I received a new XKE dash legend/switch indicator switch. Surprise! It does not fit as well as the OE one I removed. The OE one that I removed is in very good shape, but the green tape on the rear is non existent.

I would really love to use the OE one, esp because of the fit. Does anyone know where I can obtain the green translucent tape for the rear of the strip?

Thank you in advance!
Bob

Bob,

Why, I happen to have that part (C.25937) and I can’t use it – the 3.8 uses blue there, and anyhow I have replaced that lighting with blue LEDs that don’t need that strip anyhow. PM me with your mailing address and I’ll get it in the mail right away. Or if you prefer, buy some green LED lamps and you don’t need to use the filter. Like these maybe:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/ba9s-ba7s/ba7s-led-bulb-1-led-ba7s-retrofit-car/10/

Also, in my experience the replacements don’t use the correct font. The original is better!

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Great suggestion! Thanks, I will buy some green ones. Makes sense!
Have a nice holiday weekend.
Bob

Bob, I’m also in the middle of sorting this out with my S2 dash. I purchased a new switch surround C28616 and new legend strip C28583. Surprised me when they didn’t fit together. If you’re talking about the same series car, and you want to add a new green filter and use your OE legend strip. I had success cutting a strip from a green translucent notebook divider and using double stick tape to fasten it to the back side legend strip. I had to give it two layers to even out the lighting. The other option is to use green LED’s in place of incandescent lamps or combinations of both. Failing all of that, would Dash Legend Strip part # C15289 be the correct replacement for your car?

I also concur with Jerry that the OE font is better than the replacement.

I hope that helps.
Anthony

Bob,

Only problem is that the very nice LED light will make your instrument lights look very weak. Might as well replace them all with LED bulbs. You will actually be able to read your instruments at night. You won’t be disappointed!

Jerry

Ok, thanks, ordered the leds
Bob