Xke flywheel bolt

Description: looking for qty 6 flywheel bolts for my xke. C4855. Needs to have the small shoulder. Mine had a mismatch of different head size bolts and I was worried about it throwing off my balance efforts. Lmk what you have. Thanks

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

I might have some: Ill check tomorrow.

1 Like

Here is a better pic of the bolt I have

If you need some I have a vast collection of fasteners from many different Jaguars.
The part is 7/8" long but I’ll need pitch and diameter to get it right.
Also let me know what grade bolt it is if you know.
If you have any interest send me a text or call to 650-455-1110.
I don’t visit the forums since I don’t have my Jaguars any longer.
Steve

Bump on this. Still looking.

Xke flywheel bolts are available through SNG. looks like they even have original Jaguar ones.

Steven,

Be very careful with these C4855 Flywheel Bolts, and best if you can to locate good undamaged originals as they were specially made for Jaguar and are not a ‘standard’ bolt, so you never know how good or otherwise modern alternatives are…
So the dimensions of course matter, including the length of unthreaded shank, as these are an extremely high torque/high stress application, and indeed the are made of very high grade 75-85 ton yield steel, that the British Standards identify with an X symbol. Depending on age and brand of C4855 the exact marking can differ - you don’t mention what yera your E-type is, but the following two photos show two E-type variations, note both have the grade of steel X symbol. Doesn’t matter what age bolts you use, just so long as they are genuine original ** 75-85 X grade ** bolts…

Do not have any…

Best to buy new - They are available at Moss Jaguar and Barrett SNG.
You should also get new lock plate.

I heard about being cautious with the new ones. My xke came with 4 original ones and 6 from what I believe is an xj6 (look a little different with a smaller head and 10g lighter). If everything spaced out evenly, I wouldn’t care, but it doesn’t. I went through a lot of effort having everything balanced together, so I felt like me adding the wrong bolts negated some of that

In defense of good old ones, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using them over and over again. They’re very stout, they’re very well-made, and I think I would trust them over almost any new bolts

Lighter because the auto flex plate bolts are shorter, and with a more pronounced chamfer on the periphery of the head. 3/4” AF both types of course.

Though it is best to have the correct length bolts in there, any imbalance that a slightly lighter bolt would impart, at the radius that it is imparting it, would be meaningless in terms of the engine’s overall balance.