XKE S 2 Indoor Panel Instal

This turned out to be a lot trickier than i had anticipated! .None of the drilled holes in the steel the door seemed relevant, so I ignored them! The door panel was fitted with the push-clips along the bottom edge , and holes in the door were fitted with their plastic inserts. The panel was then mated up with the door. Next the top chrome strip was pushed onto the edge of the card. The exact position of the chrome was marked with masking tape. The door card was removed, and the chrome was removed from the card. It was now positioned on the door in exactly the same spot as before.Now that the holes were visible, the holes were drilled in the door for the screws that would hold the strip to the door metal.At the front the chrome strip was over lapped with the door role , which had been fitted into its slots on top of the door frame.

The third pic shows the chrome strip installed, that is , it is fastened to the door shell with screws. Also, it shows the door panel installed in the chrome strip… and above is the door roll . The chrome is fitted over the roll, on the edge( at the rear ) and higher in the front. This is the only way to fit it together !! the parts I used are from an upholstery kit from one of the usuals!

from pics quality looks superior to original. Is that true when viewed in person?

I have always disliked the door cards from original. Felt they down graded the interior.

Hi Bill, I think the material used to make the card is probably the same or similar to oe ( just guessing ), while the grey/blue vinyl is good quality stuff, with a colour that we chose ! I think this upholstery kit is one of the last kits they ( SNG B ) made up, as I think they now come from UK.( this may or may not be the case, just guessing ) .In any case I have no idea what an oe looked like.Back them I regarded the E Types as totally unobtainable for me!!!