XKE S 2 Wind Shield Wiper Parts

I am preparing to install the wind shield wiper with parts that I refurbished some years ago , all part of the car’s kit from my PO.
As far as I can see the collection seems to make sense…apart from the 26 inch "bar"shown at the bottom , It has 2 studs plus nuts at each end as well as a hole in the centre. Does anyone recognize this piece ! Surely its not anything to do with the wiper system.

Yep, it fits in there with all the rest.

This might give you a clue…

Here’s a connect-the-dots:

Looks like you have most if not all of the “clippy-thingys” that hold the ball ends to the sockets. That’s a good thing…

1 Like

The arm can go on the motor in 2 ways. You may want to run the motor and park it. Then install the arm. Someone else here can verify the way the arm installs. I believe it depends on left or right hand drive. IIRC on a left hand drive the wipers park on the left which means the arm on the installed motor points right.

Hi Kris, Doug, and Bill, thanks for responding to my question.I now see how its supposed to fit together. On the bench it is easy, so lets see how it fits into the car.I wonder if there is write up somewhere that gives a step by step.

The first photo I posted is how I was able to get the rack back into the scuttle. I couldn’t get it to go with both or either end bolted to the long bracket. I inserted the partial assembly, and then completed the assembly in situ. Don’t drop any of the “clipy-thingys” or you’ll never find it again.

Tie lengths of fishing line to the tiny parts that need to be assembled in situ. Dropping them can really spoil your whole day.

Hi Jerry, I played with the parts on the bench, then found the key to a correct whole assembly lay in getting the centre one correctly. this pic shows this.

However, am not at all clear on the best way to assemble this set up inside the scuttle. I need to do some more study on info documented on this web site first!!

This pic may show the centre pivot better!

Hi Jerry, I should say that I don’t understand the question. Here"s anther pic. If this is indeed to correct orientation then the end pieces have to be bolted from the rear side.That a presents a tricky spot ,when it comes to adding the 2 nuts!