XKE Series 3 Lump

This is my 1973 XKE 2+2 coupe. We have installed a small block Chevy engine (350/350) and a 700-R transmission. It adds almost 100 horsepower and takes hundreds of pounds off the nose. In overdrive at 80 mph it turns about 2,200 rpm. With Hedman headers and a flowmaster exhaust system there is little mistaking it for the original V12. Just to make the purists turn their nose up further, that is not pale primrose but 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Butternut Yellow

Tucks in rather nicely. A nice clean installation. My compliments.

Carl

Thank you. It was a tight fit. I went through several air cleaners to find one that would clear the hood… There is about a half inch clearance. The engine is a 350/335 crate engine. The serpentine belt system helps the fit. I left off the air conditioning compressor in that I never used it in Montana. A big advantage was the 700-R transmission. I picked up a fourth gear and overdrive. It really makes a difference at highway speed. We think that the Edelbrock 750 and the Hedman Headers probably puts the horsepower at about 350.

Beautiful job. You sound “proud”. You should be. Love the tail pipes. Nice choice on the plug wire color.
In looking at your photo of the rear, it looks like the car is listing to the left. Is that just a distorted photo or do you have a body in the boot?
Now that would be a fun car to drive. Very well done,
Phillip

More the photographer than the car.

He, he !

A tilt from the adult celebratory beverage!!!

Well deserved, very nice execution.

Carl

As I recall, an issue in this installation is the “wide” ABC and the front frame.

1. Interference.

2. An alloy that should not be welded. So, how to attach the front engine mounts.

Just curious, you clearly solved those…

Carl