XType 2001 3.0L AWD RHD Manual front LHS driveshaft noise on full lock

Hello Folks,
My 2001 3.0L AWD RHD has developed a disconcerting clunck from the front LH wheel when on full right hand down lock. Its more of a heavy clunck than a click and it feels as tho the wheel is jumping especially on a gravel surface. Its worse after reversing ans only occurs on full RH down lock. Otherwise it drives perfectly well with no extraneous noises. There are no visible leaks.
Any advise on probable cause or what to test would be appreciated. Tks…Charlie.

Is it just an initial clunk or is it a continuous clunk, clunk, clunk? If it is continuous, I would suspect a CV joint; if just an initial clunk, I would suspect a suspension bushing.

Thanx for prompt reply. Intend to jack up and spin the wheel to see if i can reproduce the noise/problem.

Let us know what you find, as it helps to spread the knowledge.

Have investigated and discovered that its a loose rear front suspension mounting bolt. Unfortunately tightening the bolt does’nt work as the captive nut has failed. This is a real problem as it is only accessible by cutting thro the passenger side floor. As a first pass i may try re-welding the nut to the floorpan to recaptivate it so to speak. Then intend to heat it up and tighten it. If this fails then i’ll have to totally replace. What a pain!