Yet Another Erroneous Trouble Code?

I’m really beginning to suspect something is wrong with Superblue’s trouble code system. Over the years now I have seen the following supposed trouble codes showing on her radio display (I will use descriptions of each, not the actual #s): (1) fuel pump issue (high resistance in system) (2) TPS issue (3) heated O2 sensor issue and, now (4) “air leak”/lean mixture (does Jag actually mean “vacuum leak”?). Despite this parade of alleged issues, the car still runs perfectly smooth and the MPG range is always correct/the same – no changes/repairs have been made to her.

Is anyone thinking the same as me? :thinking: btw, where is the mechanism that throws up the trouble codes located? Is it within the E.C.U.? I’m getting very tempted to put out $$ to but a different one just so I can get one that properly functions and puts out only legit codes. :confounded:

I just had to send out my xk8s ecu for repair. Who knows, maybe it wouldn’t hurt? However all it takes is a sensor reading wrong, or right for that matter, for it to throw a code. It’s very possible that you “could” have these issues slightly enough and the computer is adjusting to keep it running

Atty
A lot of times it’s a low voltage battery and corroded ground connections sending false codes
Clean all your terminals and grounds
Put a new battery if it’s more than 4 years old
Then…
Drive the car for a good WEEK!
The o2 sensors have to heat up and cats have to burn crap out you will notice a big difference
If you start it and park it your killing the car!
You need heat cycles on all cars with computers and sensors
Good luck try itI think you’ll like it!
Gtjoey1314