Your opinion about induction and ignition

Thank you, but download link is dead :frowning:

I can still read it online tho, would be nice if anyone could reupload the file for download.

I have the PDF but there is a file size limits for uploads here, meager 4 MB

I split the PDF in two parts, you can combine them into a single file

XJS_TheBook_1.pdf (2.9 MB)

XJS_TheBook_2.pdf (2.3 MB)

Thank you for the upload, Steve, you are a life saver!

I have never met more friendly car community than this forum right here, thank you everyone for feedback and helpful tips!

Last night i saw a dream about weber carburetors, there is just something so attractive about the roar of 6 IDF Webers on V12. I am still wondering if there is anyone here who can comment on passing emissions with them. In theory it should be possible, doesn’t matter if its V12 or I4, you can tune each cylinder individually. Also no crazy camshafts, usually messing around with cam profiles will mess up your emissions.

You’d have to explain what “emissions” you need to pass. Most emission checks in the USA involve a visual inspection, and if the inspector sees a set of Webers you’re gonna flunk. Doesn’t matter what the tailpipe says, it’s illegal to modify the fuelling system, and Webers definitely constitute a modification.

I don’t think anyone here would recommend Webers. We had one guy here years ago who reported that the Jaguar V12 with Webers ran with a cloud of fuel hovering above the intake trumpets. Something about valve overlap or some such. He had nothing but trouble with that car, and gained zero performance.

If it’s the look you’re going for, you can fake it:

Still won’t make that emissions inspector happy.