Nik1579

Nik1579

I was given my 1983 Jaguar XJ6 from my grandfather in-law. They had just sold their second house and needed space for furniture another knick knacks in their garage. The jag had been in their garage sitting on flats for the past 10-12 years. They had no idea how to fix its many electrical issues, or even if the motor ran any more, and were debating scraping it! In come their new grandson in-law with a bit of auto know-how from working on trucks and tractors who tells them he will take it, or at the very least to store because that car is more than just a vehicle to them. It was the first purchase he made when he finally had THE JOB that all of us strive for that doesn’t just let us survive, but truly thrive and enjoy life. It was also the car my mother in-law drove over the my father in-laws childhood home to get his phone number. they have been happily married 24 years now. So to save any more Hallmark Chanel style happy stories from going to the scrap yard I took the car. What they are not aware of is my plan to fix it and return it to all my in-laws as an anniversary gift (Grandparent 50th & parents 25th) next year. So here I am a 23 year old kid, using this amazing site to teach myself that other countries than America made cars (I’m a ford guy at heart sorry) and they had very different ideas about how to make systems function. I might add that while this car has given me some head aches, Im loving more each day. I can not wait for the day it gets back on the road just like in its prime!

Thanks and Gig’em (Texas A&M University saying)

Sincerely,

Nikolas Faust