150 bonnet wont open

I pull the release cable but nothing happens at the front of the bonnet. Pulling feels like normal.
I can look at another 150 in a week+s time, when at my summer house, but though someone might have the solution earlier…

Look through the top of the grill and you will see the bonnet release lever. It has a small cable locking screw. You should be able to push the lever and release the bonnet. The cable may have slipped.
Pat H

You could also have a problem with the spring and catch peg not releasing.
But as Pat says, you should be able to push the release lever from the top of the grill and pull the bonnet up.

Peder
If you get a second person to slightly push down on the bonnet and pull the opener at the same time it will trigger the release.
I have rigged an emergency pull wire under the right wing attached to the lever, just in case the bonnet pull breaks.

I too have an emergency pull wire under the right fender to release the bonnet catch.
I also have two, 2" holes in the rear, just under the boot U brackets. I carry a 1/4" ratchet and long extension to undo the brackets in case of a boot lock failure. Otherwise getting into the boot area is near impossible, especially if there is luggage.

If all above fails to release the catch you will have to loosen the nut securing the catch peg…I have done this with a open ended spanner held vertically through the grill .very slow and tedious…Once the peg becomes loose the bonnet can then be opened.You can then re centre the catch to the hole,as the reason it didnt open when you pulled the cable, is because the lip caught under the catch when it was released

Thanks for all the help. I finally opened it with my wife pulling the knob inside and my two hands pushing the bonner, near the locking pin, down and up by the spring, sevetal times.
I began to look at the fitment of the original nonnwt and thought it was a bit high at the rear. Thought of adjusting via the hinges…
Then I saw a modern garage light, which the mechanic had forgotten last week. So that had oressen the rear left side of the bonnet upwards, preventing the lock to be released

Wow, lucky it didn’t dent the bonnet !!