1970 Jaguar E-Type XKE Series II YELLOW for 179 900 $. Is it not too expensive?

Is it not too expensive Classic 1966 Jaguar E-Type Series I For Sale. Price 67 500 USD - Dyler when compared to other Jaguars on the market Jaguar E-Type for Sale in US | Dyler - Dyler ?

Rob, plan on either a new clutch or engine rebuild, or even an IRS rebuild. Make sure the engine frames have no rust.

Regards,
Allen

Thanks a lot, Allen!!

What does the content of this thread have to do with the title of this thread???

Ray,

If you open the second link in the original post and scroll down you will find a car that matches the subject line of the thread. That said, it now means the question asked by the poster is ambiguous. Are they asking about the price of the 66 or the 70? Frankly, there isn’t enough information for me to comment on either.

I think Rob is asking if there is enough difference between the two to justify the $179K. IMO there are some issues with the $$$ yellow one. It appears to have the ‘older’ style of bonnet hinge (spring), yet the dash has the later heat/choke labels and the later HL switch surround. The rubber gasket around the rear bumper is not right, but easy enough to replace. Has AC, but it’s aftermarket. The $67K red OTS doesn’t run, but the engine turns and it has a Heritage Certificate. Depends on your comfort level for a gamble…how much will you be spending to get the red one going? For the yellow E, I think they just threw that price out there to see if it would stick.