1984 jaguar xj6 vanden plas back seat questions

On my 84 xj6 vanden plas I removed the back seat to recover them and I noticed 2 black lines behind the seat
What is it for? Also how do I remove the panel behind the back seat right by the rear window

Just guessing has the car got a sun roof and is there a motor in the boot attached to the centre of the rear bulkhead?

And Allen, deleted ,mjjln,mn,

It has a sun roof. I just was wondering what it was.

It’s the cables that operate the sunroof…

To remove the rear parcel shelf you have to undo the two screws and one other clip.

Thanks for the advice I did not see them screws but I’ll look again. This is my first Jaguar ever worked on. Definitely different than most cars

I picked up the jaguar and I’m starting to slowly restore it to the best of my ability

1 Like

I removed the rear parcel shelf on a Vanden Plas parts car several years ago. It may have been a 1986 model year. I recall difficulty removing it because I couldn’t see those two screws on the left and right either. I’m going from memory here, but it seemed like they are covered by the black material covering the parcel shelf and you had to cut a small hole to get or peel up the material to get to them. Those spots are covered up by the rear seat back, so shouldn’t be visible once everything is back in place.

Just stick a screw driver in there and unscrew them. No need to cut anything.