1985 XJ6 coil wiring?

I am installing a 1985 XJ6 3.4 carburettor engine into my 1968 Mk2 Jaguar, I have the original ignition module and electronic

distributor from the XJ6, just want to know what wire goes to what terminal on the coil, I have changed the Mk2 to negative earth, I have one white wire and one white wire with a black tracer. The module as shown has a ballast resistor but that was not connected, it has a 12v coil, that picture was from the XJ6 before stripping, not my fresh install!

White goes to coil ‘+’, sir - together with the white from ignition. White/black goes to coil ‘-’…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

many thanks, did not want to risk frying the module, although most car modules are very robust! I bought a spare ign module and have mounted it back to back with the original just in case" a tip from my rally days, a spare part is no good 200 miles away!

You test it to make sure it works, right?

when I get it running I will, it is NOS so have a chance! When I drove from the UK to Greece for my honeymoon in 1975, 1960 MGA, I took a spare fuel pump, did not need it until 1977 when I drove there again,