1988 40 door lock mechanism

Hey fellas , One last question on the door lock mechanism in an 1988 xj40 . In the pic what is the function of the electrics circled . Thanks Mark.A lock

Mark
Can you post a higher resolution photo? It is difficult to make out details in the photo size of 375x500

hope this pic is better

sorry , hope this works .

Mark,

What are the colour of the wires leading to them?

If a Purple/pink wire and a Purple/orange wire they are for the central locking.

If the wires are one Slate and one Red they are for the lock heater thermostat.

If Red wire and a Black wire, they are for the door lock heater itself.

Can’t think of any other electrics associated with the door locks.

I’m not sure if the 88 will be the same as a 93 but my lock assemblys also have two electric ‘door ajar’ micro switches located in the area of those little circuit boards.

Hi Bryan , thanks for the reply , have a pic of the plug , it has four wires going to the electrical panel, black/grey (?) green - purple - grey/white(?) .

Mark,

Mmmmm – the only combination of wire colours similar to the ones in your picture I can find are those associated with the ‘door guard’ lights of the rear passenger doors -

Purple, Green, Slate/pink and Black/pink wires to a 6-way blue connector at the respective door guard switches

Bryan , That is interesting , i wasn’t expecting that . Will have to check out the lights in the door , i am asuming that ‘door guard’ refers to the puddle lights ? . If not what are they ?. thanks for your input Bryan . You have pointed me in the right direction a few times now . Mark :+1: :+1:

Thanks to all that replied to my problem , well nothing i did worked and had to resort to the Jag mechanics here , they had the car for two days , had a nightmare of a time getting everything to work as it should . Cost me a small fortune , but it has given me back a car i love , that with the head rebuild and new gasket runs like a dream . Mark