1989 XJ6 - sell or part or?

Posted this in XJ forum then realized this is the proper place for it.

This car is a smooth-running 110K mile, Southern (no rust, Windsor blue paint is disappearing fast) babied all original example of the last year of true Jaguar production but it is time to decide what to do with it. This is a true little-old-widow’s car with 56K miles that sat for 5 years prior to me buying in 1999 and getting it back roadworthy. My wife drove it for a while then became disabled and stopped working so I continued to drive it sporadically until last year.

Front doorhandles are new but the rears have now decided not to work. Accumulator ball is shot, rack leaks, tires are now in need of fresh rubber, but she still purrs like a kitten. I changed out the rear suspension back in 1999 and she rides good. Dash circuit board needs to be resoldered but it still can be coaxed into working with the proper motivational impact. Main vent flap is non-functional but she still heats and cools well (yes, I have a new flap but never dug into the dash to fix it). Rear seats have been sat on maybe 3 times since I have had it (no kids to haul around).

I had thought about keeping the subframes for transplanting under something else but I am now in the get-rid-of-projects phase of my life. I really hate to part this out as it is still a good running and driving car but circumstances dictate that somebody else needs it worse than I do, preferably an enthusiast.

What might this car be worth to somebody who really wants one (if that person even exists)? Has anybody else gone the part-out route and was it worth it? Just looking to hear what others’ outcomes have been. Any advice appreciated.

The old iron lover part of me is on life support lately as I age and realize all those neat projects are not as enthusiastically viewed by my logical self. Still resisting growing up even as I grow old(er).

I suppose it depends a bit on your circumstances and space available, Irecently went the part out route with a ‘92, it took about three or four years to complete before I eventually trailered the body to a metal recycler.
Was it worth it?
Yes, I replaced all the leather into my ’92 runner used numerous other parts, stripped the wiring and recycled that, stripped the engine for the ally scrap, engines in NZ don’t generally grenade themselves so no resale value as a whole unit.
Best option is your choice, list as a project/parts car and be done straight away or do the work yourself.
All the best.

Yep, that is my thought process on this. My storage is an old chicken coop 25 miles out in the country with all of my tools in my shop at home so parting it out would be kind of a pain logistics-wise and time-wise. And keeping a slowly-being-stripped-out shell in the yard is not going to go over too well, especially since it was her car. Better to sell it just to get it out of my hair and free up a shelter space for one of my Oldsmobiles.

Time compresses the older you get I have found.

As they say in these here parts: boy howdy!