1994 Jaguar VDP No Spark

Jag.Man, thanks for the kind words - I’m glad we were able to be of help and Mark (my brother), who was off work convalescing following knee surgery, was glad to have this challenge / learning experience to occupy his time. Through his perusal of the J-L forum whilst ‘boning up’ on the issue and researching potential problems, he was amazed at what a close community of like-minded folks we have here. Very special.

The main takeaway for me from this experience is that although a relay may seem to test good (i.e. you get voltage out of it when you should) the relay may not be able to pass the requisite amount of current for the task at hand. Mark explained to me he sees this occasionally with equipment he services (he is an electronics maintenance tech at a local hospital) and it is presumed to be because the relay contacts are burned and/or oxidized. Note the pictures Jag.Man provided from his ‘autopsy’ of his bad relay. At the end of the day, the mission was accomplished - keeping another XJ40 running and on the road!