1994 Xj6 base does it have a pvc?

1994 Xj6 base does it have a pvc ?

A Poly Vinyl Chloride? (I think you mean PCV?)

1 Like

**Thank you for correcting me **

The XJ6 (XJ40) has a crankcase ventilation system but NOT a PCV valve. This is from the Haynes sevice manual, Chapter 6:

Note the 1994 models do not have an oil fill tube. The crankcase ventilation hose conects to a port on the cam / valve cover:

20231010_162452

1 Like

Thank you Mike appreciated

Cars around the 1992-93 year, I think, had an issue with too much oil fumes being dumped into the area around the throttle plate causing it to stick off idle. Jaguar came up with a fix on a bulletin which was a change adding a small plastic oil separation canister, and new dipstick tube that had a Y connection and a hose to the canister to permit all excess oil to drain back into the crankcase. Although my 1990 car was not part of the bulletin, i retrofitted it (with some modifications to suit) to my car and the issue of sticky throttle response has never reoccurred.

1 Like

Here is the TSB I think you are discussing?

17-11 Throttle Difficult to Open.pdf (70.5 KB)

1 Like

** Thank You Motorcarman this is exactly what I was looking for !
I Appreciate your help
Jimmy Redhawk James

Yes, that is the bulletin I was remembering but I think it applied to sedans as well as the XJS. Maybe there was a separate one covering sedans? Using a modified version of this on my 1990 4.0 XJ6 cured the sticky throttle issue.

Thank you John
I really appreciate it
Jimmy Redhawk James