1996 xjs v12 hood insulation

This winter the mice thought my insulation was a good thing to make a nest out of. D
oes anyone know where I could a replacement.

On my '83, I purchased a 1/4" thick blanket from JC Whitney that had an aluminum foil facing. I bonded it to the underside of the hood with headliner glue, then secured the edges with aluminum tape. IMHO, the end result looked a lot nicer than the black grungy foam thing that was OEM on my car. Additionally, it reflected a lot of light, which made it easier to see stuff in the engine compartment. The OEM hood liner was an inch thick, the replacement was 1/4" thick, but I didn’t note any degradation in function. The car was as quiet as before, and I didn’t suffer any blistering paint on the hood or whatnot.

The '83 had a metal disc that was fastened to the hood to ensure that the hood liner couldn’t fall and foul the throttle capstan. I reinstalled this with the new hood liner even though it didn’t look necessary. Fouling that throttle capstan would be memorable.

Next winter- maybe put some dryer sheets in potential nesting areas. Worked for me.

Peppermint oil soaked into a rag. Rodents hate peppermint.

I removed mine 7 years ago and never replaced it, even with a massive overheat, car spat almost the entire contents of the cooling system on the ground on a 45°C day, (some idiot forgot to put the fan fuses back no names mentioned) my bonnet paint is still as good as the day I painted it.

interesting topic Rodent evidence bought this 95 XJS with only 36K miles
was a bit sluggish when test driven
home for some critters