1997 XK8 Carnival Red Coupe

Medical issues force me to sell my beloved 1997 XK8 normally-aspirated coupe with 70,900 original miles. It is an original southern car, and since I have owned it over the past 6 years (in southern NH and now in north central Wisconsin) it has always been stored from October to May and never driven in the rain. This is probably the most mechanically perfect early XK available, and it had extensive tuning and maintenance ($3,500) performed in December 2019. I have driven it at over 155mph, and it felt like it was velcro’d to the road. This motorcar comes with many extras - drilled and slotted rotors with red Jaguar caliper covers, new Hankook Ventus ZR-98Y (186mph) rated tires, custom wheels, car cover. Recent new battery.
What is the biggest complaint about the sound of the early XK8s? It had essentially the same exhaust system as the XJ sedans - quiet. This has been fitted with a British custom-made type 304 stainless steel exhaust system which is straight-through behind the catalytic convertors - it growls like the big cat that it is without being obnoxiously loud. That took over a year to be produced and delivered, with typical British efficiency! The only criticism of this vehicle is that it was given a high-quality respray roughly 8 years ago, but the color coat was sanded with the improper grit and the clear coat was applied before this was caught. If you catch it at an angle in the sun you will pick up on it, otherwise it is not visible. There is not the slightest suggestion of rust anywhere. This is fairly and properly priced at $10,000, cash only, which means that you will need to come to see and drive it. Shipping can be arranged after that, or simply drive it home.

Description:
Contact Joe at 603-661-5542 or 715-942-2649 afternoons and evenings

!

← Please write your post above this line and leave the content below intact →

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.