2001 XKR with 69k on Bring-A-Trailer

We decided to sell our 2001 XKR, which only has 69k miles on it. Most of my cars I advertise using more standard means, but I decided to try Bring-a-Trailer this time. We’ll see how it goes.

Posting here mostly for interest to see how the pricing goes, and partially shameless self-promotion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So pretty… so close… so no!

:smirk:

When one wishes to buy some trouble, they don’t need to look very far. I have a 2001 myself (Not the R model), and it sits in the garage, in limp mode.

Pretty car!
I bought an 00’ XKR coupe a few months ago. I spent a premium on it because it is perfect. (25k) It has 45k miles on it. I find that it’s TOO nice to drive all the time. And unfortunately that is a problem for me :crying_cat_face: I like road trips and to actually use these cars.
I toyed with the idea of getting something a little more worn so I put on eBay last month-I wanted 25k, I got a great offer for 20k but decided not to part with it for now.
I never sold on Bring a Trailer, they say it’s great place to sell but I don’t care for all the commentary to be honest. Even on the most perfect cars, you will find some people have nothing better to do than question if the reflection in the paint is something other than what it is. Lol

4 Likes

James, beautiful XKR (and XJ-S) as well! I know what you mean about a car being “too nice” to use regularly. About 15 years ago I bought a '92 XJS, V12, 5-speed conversion. The car was perfect, 45k miles. I did drive it quite a bit but ultimately sold it because I felt it was too nice in many ways. I keep on regretting selling it. One day, maybe I’ll buy another one.

Thanks for the data points on your XKR, both what you paid and what you got offered on eBay. That helps give me some more information on where this might end up.

The Bring-a-Trailer format is an interesting one. I decided to give it a shot because it seemed like that’s where I was likely to get the best price for the car. I suppose we’ll find out on Sunday if that’s true or not. It took 4-5 weeks from the time I submitted the car to the time the listing went live. They write the auction for you, it’s very much a form write-up with very little flexibility. Communication is so-so at best. The comments definitely have people trying to come in and “short sell” your car and find problems that don’t exist. But I’ve enough experience with the internet and these cars that if it ends up with a good sale, it’s worthwhile.

1 Like

I think as long as I live, other than a Bugatti Royale, or the King Alphonso Hisso, I’ll never understand this.

:face_with_monocle:

As they say on BaT, GLWTA!

What a shame to my way of thinking, and I share Wiggles thoughts on the matter. Your car is a coupe, and most want a convertible. It is doubtless a nice example, and you likely overpaid, but that does not matter at this point. All cars are transportation devices, and what else we attach to that is a matter of personal taste. ‘Too nice’? You wear your favorite clothes and shoes, and they wear out; so what is different with a car, a house, a boat or anything for that matter? I want to wish you every success in your sale of this magnificent piece of automobile.

Remember,
The coupe is faster in the slalom and the top end achieved speed! They do well in a
Concours D’ Elegance, some even achieve Best in Class! Sell it high, you can always
go down in price. I wouldn’t mind having one in my collection, but have too many Jaguars
already (4) and another four British cars, with one more on the way as well. *This, of course,
is according to my wife.

Best of luck!