2004 X350 D2B loop cable needed

Hi team, Shane here from Australia,

Like many before me, I have lost sound to my speakers.
Looks like the CD changer has died, as it cannot be detected on the dash.
Sadly, nobody here has Jaguar D2B cables or ability to diagnose, and for the life of me I cannot purchase any jag D2B cables , only the older mercedes ones which will not have same plugs. I need either a loop cable, or some used cables that can be made up into a loop cable to test the cd changer and amplifier.
Can anybody in the UK sell one of these ?
If not, Is there a D2B jag compliant device, like a bluetooth receiver etc that I can plug into the cable end at the CD Changer as an alternate device/upgrade?
Another interesting thing is that i am also now not having power to the cigar lighter, phone handset or the rear seat multi media controls…are they all in the same D2B network loop as the CD changer? (excluding cigar lighter of course)…fuses all seem ok, but does anybody know if there is a fuse for this group of devices? the CD changer has power and can eject etc, so ruling that out so far…

Shane,

I had the exact same symptoms as you on my 05 XJ8VP. The problem was the amplifier! My CD changer would work perfectly “in the trunk”, but it would not be recognized on the head unit. Likewise, there was no sound out of the system (no radio sound, no navigation audio, cd, etc.)!

In fact, my amp has gone out twice in 10 years. I always get one from my local salvage yard or order one from Ebay (because of the 30 day warranty).

Richard

I suggest that you look at the ground points - see here:Another interesting thing is that i am also now not having power to the cigar lighter, phone handset or the rear seat multi media controls…