3,8 clutch pedal free play

I seem to have suddenly got more clutch pedal free play than before…clutch works fine…how much slop should there be before resistance is felt when depressing? seems like I have about two inches…how long should the forked rod be?

Sudden, like between shifts or drives? Your pedal return spring might have sprung. It’s a pain to fix so some people fix a bungee cord until the masters need servicing. The slave push rod might also need adjusting, or that spring might also have sprung.

Not meaning to worry you, but over the week-end, when going out to enjoy a relaxed tour in the countryside, I noted that the clutch pedal had more free play than in my memory. Nevertheless drove away. Some 50km later, at a traffic intersection, the clutch pedal suddenly became all soft down to the floor and no more gear change was possible: the slave cylinder had given up draining out all the hydraulic fluid.
Your case could be totally different, but now I know I would reconsider driving away if I feel that the clutch pedal got suddenly more free play.

Well…I checked out the pedal just to get an idea of how much free play I had,the answer is none!..cylinder frozen solid…glad I made it home the other afternoon…how is this possible after only 1500 miles…relined and all that

Frozen fully in, or frozen fully out? If in, I can think of two possibilities. The currently available 3.8 master seals are often too large and they cause the piston to sick in the bore. That’s not too painful to resolve. A far worse thing is what happened to Mike Moore, the clutch somehow bound up on the input shaft splines so it wouldn’t move.