5.3 liter V-12, fuel pressure regulator

Does the Jaguar XJS V-12 require a fuel pressure regulator for each fuel rail?

The one one the left hand side does the regulation. The one on the right allegedly smooths out pulses, but is unnecessary, and can be deleted. I deleted it on my XJS, and many others have as well. No detrimental effects. Jaguar got rid of the right one on the 6 liters.

1 Like

What year? HE or pre-HE engine?

“…each fuel rail…”, as you mention, sounds like two fuel rails, which suggests a pre-HE engine which used a separate (and adjustable) regulator for each rail

Cheers
DD

2 Likes

His bio says a 92 convertible, so an HE.

1 Like

92 is a 5.3 with a single 6.0 style regulator on the fuel rail…. But there is also a weird disc looking thing in the fuel line itself. Catalog lists it only for 5.3 facelift, which is ‘92 only. The 6.0 style are different part numbers. Kinda odd. I think it is in the feed line but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

The two piece rail referred to is the newer design rail that does have two square rails connected with two 3/8" OD hoses. One hose at the front, one at the rear. And on the year model, Jag decided to swap sides for the supply and return lines.

The fuel supply side is on the left (B bank side) and the return side (with the FPR) is on the A bank side.

SD Faircloth www.jaguarfuelinjectorservice.com

2 Likes