‘64 OTS on Bring a Trailer

Yes. Mentioned multiple times in the comments on the auction. Seller didn’t respond.

Oops, thanks again David. Didn’t look at the auction comments.

The auction comments are what makes “BAT” so unique. Lots to learn there. Most viewers save their comments for after reading the previous comments. Tends to make their comments more meaningful.

2 Likes

I like the original silver-grey '65 FHC on BaT. Gosh that is a pretty car. I have always been partial to FHC’s though. Been an interesting last several days for E’s on BaT.

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

I must agree. Original is just so much more interesting and precious than restored. I would be absolutely terrified to drive that car. Too many idiots on the road. On occasion, that includes me.
Thanks for bringing this one up.
Phillip

1 Like

How could so pay 68k$ with out seeing pics of inner rockers to inner silk and both footwells as well as both Support rail bottom quad bolt areas ?

Patrick
'66 fhc (Coventry built in late '65).

1 Like

this one went for only 91K, I would have thought more.

Reserve not met. I suspect it was the Memorial day doldrums, combined with lack of driving video. Prices were down across the board on BAT yesterday.

I’ve been a specialty /. Collector car owner for 40 years. Owned dozens, still have a handful. The pricing of e types , is about the craziest thing I have ever seen for a car with such a substantial number of copies in the hands of the public.
Of course there is a difference between the series, and types, but the range 30k to 300k is just nuts. I follow most of the auctions, and they sell in a fairly close range, so what s with wild variety of asking? Not to mention the opinions of value that far exceed sold prices.

Like 2 seat T-Birds, E-Types have been “on the radar” for many years. Standards were lower years ago and many are poorly restored. Auction companies do some scrutiny of their offerings and the quality is more consistent than ‘a guy who wants to sell his car’. Some 15 footers would need a complete, and I mean complete, restoration. On an e-bay listing a 15 footer can look pretty good. Since there are plenty of e-types sold they can be bought with some care, which I think results in most being sold for what they are worth. The exceptions are the “flat floor” goofyness and some that are truly great restorations which account for the upper outliers. When Hagerty says “$90k average” they mean for one at the modern standards that would qualify for a major auction house, but maybe not at top level.