'65 E-Type Power Lock LSD Parts Needed

Hi everyone,

Could do with some help regarding my rebuild project. Currently have the IRS in a thousand pieces and while I have majority of parts needed to rebuild, I am short of a few parts for the Power Lock LSD. Unfortunately, this is holding-up the diff set-up and the entire IRS reassembly.
When I opened the diff, the oil was very gritty and had badly pitted the ring and pinion gears so I have purchased new (swapping the 3.54 for the 3.07) and all new bearings, etc. Unfortunately, when I opened the LSD the internal gears are not so great either. Basically, I would like to replace many of the internal parts. I have new clutch plates and two of the four pinion bevel mate gears (other two on back order with SNG) but I would also like to source the side gears and the ring for side gears (items 5 and 6 on the attached diagram). SNG says the parts are no longer available. Not comfortable replacing only a few of the mating parts.

For reference, I took a photo of my LSD markings to help identify type. I have read so many times the Jag uses the Dana 44 diff but have not seen any guidance on whether the Power Lock LSD is common to other vehicles which might help the search for alternate sources.

Any help sourcing would be greatly appreciated.

@angelw … wise words?

Take the parts you need to a four by four repair shop and discuss it with them. Dana 44’s are common in Jeeps etc and they should know what is available and from whom.

You could also contact these guys. They have been in business for years, and if they don’t know I suspect it isn’t knowable

Some of the contiguous Sedans, such as 3.8 MKX 61-65 came with Power Lock as standard.

That would be one way to source the correct parts, albeit used.

You only need the pumpkin, I see them and IRS on eBay,
much cheaper when it does not say E-type obviously

There is a guy advertises on there, calls himself James Dean, the Jag guru, from Florida I think, would probably have the parts

The Jeep D44 have “Track Lock”, not sure its identical, I lean to no,
axle arrangement is obviously different, so spline count is relevant

The IRS with LSD in them are quite popular for hot rodders

I called welsh for a salvage unit. It was complete and in great shape. Much cheaper & quicker than trying to find those unobtanium parts.

Terry, Thanks, I sent them an email.

Kris, Do you have their contact details?

Welsh enterprises Inc.
Steubenville Ohio
740 282 8649

Welshent.com

I got a pumpkin for a 3.8 etype. My project came with one like yours sounded like. Abused and run low on oil. Clutch plates broken, splines shaft ends worn bad. The salvage one from welsh was in great shape.

Thanks, I will give them a try.