677577 1953 xk120 dhc

This year marks the 56th anniversary of my purchase of 677577. Over the years the car has been modified to suit my size and tastes with a smaller diameter steering wheel, smaller pedals, removal of the twin 6V batteries and replacement with a 12v Odyssey in the boot. While not up to the standards of the David Gandy restoration/modification, my financial outlay to date stands at about a tenth of his (the result of being a starving artist as opposed to a super model). By the way, the car came with the XK140 tail lights and ,yes, I know that the spat key is neither “correct” nor in the right place (along with the wheel brace), however, concours d’elegance is not something I have ever been interested in pursuing.

I shall be entering my 77th year this summer so not sure how many more years I shall enjoy driving her, but when that pleasure ends it may be time to retire to the garage with the 12 gauge!!

Chris.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks discs and spats look far “classier” than wires? Are cars with discs and spats still valued less than wire wheeled models?

This man thinks his car is pretty classy…

I am in agreement with Mr. Gable and Mr Lyons.