74 series ii, what colour is this?

If you can locate the vin plate you should be able to check what the paint code is from the panel on the lower left(?)

Regency Red??
Check the 1971-73 E-Type brochures. They are the only ones that have any color charts.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/1970_section.html
That’s assuming it even IS a standard original color.

Thanks Robin, the vin plate is there, but is quite faded and impossible to read.

I found this in a recent article, but can’t locate the colour in any Jag/Daimler paint charts.

two pics of my vehicle in the foreground, do you think this could be the colour?

Hello 1974_daimler

I believe that the colour is Aubergine (paint code TDB)

This paint colour was an option in the UK from 1973 to 1977, but only for the top of the range trim spec Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2 and 5.3 models.

The only other possibility is Morello (TDA), same dates and VdP only, but this is a much darker cherry red.

There was also Amethyst (KDB/274), 1978 to 1983 and VdP only, and I believe that this colour was for the Series 3 model.

I hope this helps

Thanks Tony
Definitely not Morello or Amethyst, but I think you are right with Aubergine.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Smith

Aubergine comes up on a 1974-75 Jaguar Daimler color chart on the www.tcpglobal.com autocolorlibrary website with the notation 4720M and indicating it is a Daimler Double Six color. In case you want to order a can of it.

Andrew

It can be very difficult to tell from photographs, the same car can appear to be a different colour in a different light

I have seen cars repainted in not the quite correct shade, but for 1974 it should be Aubergine (only Jaguar could name a paint after a vegetable)

Here is a good comparison of a 1974 car in Aubergine:

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1974-daimler-double-six-vanden-plas-2

Regards

Tony

Ahh thanks Tony, that is what I have been looking for. My colour for sure, but I haven’t been able to find a descent photo of it.
Cheers

Thanks Rob, color is definately Aubergine