'84 XJS, 6Litre 5 speed stalled project

(Inc Description:

You may have seen my previous listing for this Lister LeMans tribute attempt. The giant wheels and body kit have been sold
I have this '84 coupe, with rebuilt 6 litre engine and new Tremec 5 speed for sale for $8000Canadain/$6000US.
The car’s dash is a mess after an abandoned evaporator swap. Most of the front suspension has been rebuilt, with bigger Addco sway bars for front and rear. 3.07 open diff. Manual pedal box. Many boxes of new, used and refurbished parts.
The engine was built by Ian Neville, a well know tech in my area. I have 2 other engines built by him and they work great. This was an XJ40 1994 engine, and the plan was to swap it to Lucas ignition with distributor and amp etc. The intakes are loose. So, finish assembly of the engine is required. The gearbox is unused. I could remove the engine and gearbox and pedal box if someone wanted only those parts for their own car. Or, if someone wants the engine only, I may sell the rest separately. I live in Niagara on the Lake Ontario, 30 minutes from Buffalo.
I also have a complete interior from a Rouge edition Coupe, in Magnolia with red beading.for $1500.
Feel free to call nine zero 5 nine three 2 zero2 8 four. Thanks, Rob

Description:

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information:

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

3 Likes

If I were 30 years younger…:yum:

I advertised my DDS VDP with 5 speed on here, and got one inquiry (for the bellhousing)

A bit discouraged I put it up on Oz Jag Facebook and got 20+ inquires, one guy rang me within 5 minutes and transferred the funds immediately

He later advised me he was using the drivetrain for a Ferrari replica, even though he had other Jags

I received higher offers within minutes, but I felt I had to honour a deal, once done

He had the car picked up the next day, and transported over 1200 miles

2 Likes