'87 Jag XJ6 Brake Booster

Looked up the part number and there are two of them. There is CAC-1226 & CAC-1227.
Why are there two? Could they be for right & left hand drive? Which one if that is the case. Don’t particularly like remanufactured or replacement ones. Would rather have original types or good quality replacements. Any good advice? Oh and how do I search archives for subjects like this? I do not see an archive grouping.

Lee on the top right of the page there should be a spy glass, three bars (hamburger) and your avatar, use the spy glass to open a search box.

CAC1227 is correct for your car.

Not presently available new from Jaguar although the JDHT webpage doesn’t say it has actually been discontinued.

Not sure where you’d find a new one. if you did find one it has probably been sitting on a shelf for ages…which might not be a good thing.

Rebuilding is the norm on brake boosters; nothing much to worry about. I gave you a couple references to known-good rebuilders in the other thread

Cheers
DD

Ya I called the one in Washington and left a message but haven’t got a call back. Called twice and left a message.
Lee