87-Series III-Need identity of large pink and purple wires and if they need to be connected

I removed my battery and found two disconnected wires that appear to have a fuse connection that is disconnected. There is a connector on the purple wire, a spring, then a connector on the pink wire. Both wires appear to be heavy gauge. Can anyone tell me if they need to be connected and what they are used for. I am unable to find them in any wiring schematic.

Thank you,
Jim

Jim,
That is the inline fuse holder for the horn.

Paul

1 Like

Jim,
Here is a picture of the inline fuse holder for the horn in my 1990 V12 Vanden Plas (XJ12) so that you can see what it should look like in your car.

I may have a spare good one from one of the three Series III XJ6 parts cars that I parted out. Send me a Personal Message (PM) if you are interested in learning more.

Paul

Paul,
Thanks for the info. Seems the previous owner didn’t tie down the battery and the fuse holder was sacrificed as the battery moved around in the tray. I will replace it. The battery now is secured, so I don’t need to worry about damaging it again. Thanks again.
Jim