'89 XJS "Limited Edition" Emblem on Center Console

I have an '89 XJS that has a limited edition emblem on the center console (see picture below) next to the gear selector. Before I go restoring this thing I wanted to see if anyone had any insight into this. I checked the VIN and it didn’t show up as a limited edition but I wanted to double check. I don’t see limited edition emblems anywhere else on the vehicle so I wasn’t sure if someone just tossed it on there or if it was actually a factory emblem. Thanks in advance!

Someone or some dealer stuck it on there. Remove and be good!

That’s what I figured, I just wanted to double check. Thanks!

I think you should just replace the whole console wood, British autowood in Florida make great replacements, you can even ditch those ash trays and get cup holders instead!

Here is a picture of the British Autowood shifter surround with two cup holders instead of ash trays that I purchased and installed in our 1990 Classic Collection XJ-S convertible.

As others mentioned that “Limited Edition” emblem is something that a dealership or prior owner added. Definitely not a factory item.
BTW, I also purchased my shifter knob from British Autowood.

Paul

2 Likes

My wife’s 1990 XJS convertible has TWR badging that have been on it since we purchased it in the mid 90s. I suspect the badging to just be cosmetic but the car does have some differences from normal that are obvious like a rear sway bar and a 3.31:1 rear axle. The car also has a Jaguar/Momo steering wheel, Jaguar hardwood shift knob, and oversized intake horns ect.

@britsound and @Paul_M_Novak, thank you for the advice. I definitely like how the British Autowood console looks. I’m just getting started on this project so I’ve only rebuilt the injector harness and done a tune-up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc.). I’m hoping to get started on the interior here pretty quick though.

1 Like

I have a 92- If you go with the Aftermarket Trim kit with the Cup Things and no ash trays, where do you put your cigar/cigarette ashes, butts, trash, et cetera? I ask as I live in Penna., USA and they now give tickets for litter. Thanks.

Jp2,
No one in our famliy smokes, so the cigarette butts and ashes are not an issue for us.

As far as trash, we have a small trash bag strapped to the chrome bar attached to the top of the rear seat storage box that we use for temporarily storing trash. We just reach back and put trash in that bag until we clean it out. The strap that holds that trash bag to the bar is shown in the attached picture. I probably picked up the trash bag up at a random auto parts store shortly after we got our 1990 XJ-S convertible 18 years ago.

Paul

1 Like