'90 XJS Vacuum line - Center Vent issue

Hi Jag Gurus -
I have a center vent issue. I have read many archived posts and downloaded manuals and read them. I think I have a vacuum issue and traced the line from the manifold to the back of the radio compartment and found the end of the vacuum line just laying there. I read a post that said that there is a tee that is supposed to be behind the radio compartment for the vacuum actuated solenoids. I see a straight through connector connecting two white (hard) vacuum lines just about where the main vacuum line ends. Is this supposed to be a tee? Or am I looking for something else?

Go to “Jaguar Forums” (not J/L) and search their archives for a thread- “Quick Delenair 3 question.” (Not my spelling.)
That may help. The white supply vacuum line is supposed to be connected to a “T”.
The vac.line to the center vent is black.
There should be a vacuum reservoir in the mix also.

Thanks Dave,

Yes, it is a broken Tee connector. I have one on order. Will update this weekend.

1 Like

Hi All,

So the brass tee was too difficult to install so I installed a plastic tee. It was kind of a pain due to the location. One hand through the radio opening and one hand through the right side of the console. I had to remove that vent assembly. Not too bad, just two screws for the cover, then two screws and a little adhesive for the metal duct…

This fixed the center vent issue for me, added benefit was the engine seems to run smoother and has a little more pep!

Was the original issue a centre vent that was always open and blowing warm air? Thanks

Hi,

No, it was that the center vent did not blow air at all. It is not supposed to blow warm air, only cold.