91xj headlight switch

Hello. My 91 xj has the headlight switch blocked so I cannot shut them completely off. I presume this is to meet Canadian import rules. I would like to change the switch to full operating. I like the idea of full time runnig lights but would rather have control. What will I find if I remove the switch? Will I have to find another switch? Thanks.

I can’t be positive but I don’t think it has anything to do with the headlight switch being “blocked”. To make sure, you could check the parts catalog to see if the switch has a separate part number designated for Canadian cars.

AFAIK the daylight running light functions are more likely to be related to the light control modules.

Larry, the part number for the headlight switch mechanism appears to be the same across the XJ40 model range but there are different part numbers for the bulb failure modules for USA vs. Canadian models (this is true for both the quad light models and the brick [dual or styled] models).

As I suspected Mike.

Thanks for your information. Experience tells me not to mess with this. I will leave it alone. Best Forum ever!

1 Like