92 HE Fuel Pressure Gauge Plumbing

It seems as though there are 3 options (maybe more) for plumbing in a pressure regulator. I’m not putting a barb fitting in.

1. CNC a block fitting that fits between the rail and the regulator like Sbobev did.
  2. Weld a fitting into the fuel rail like Ed Sowell did.
  3. Find fittings that will “Tee” in a gauge at the in feed connection.

It’s the 3rd option I’d like to explore. Attached are images of the thread. Can anyone suggest what this thread might be and whether its likely I can tee in a fitting? The hose line is a unique part on the '92 so I don’t think earlier postings on sizes will apply. My Parker store says they cant help.

Also what kind of sealing ring is that in the picture. I’ll have to replace it.

Seal_Infeed_Connection

Gary

Why not? MUCH cheaper and easier than the three options you mention.

I used a Barb…tighten those clamps, no different than the ones coming to/from tank.

Different year car but another idea.

http://bernardembden.com/xjs/fpgauge/index.htm

Here are some pictures of my fuel pressure gauge on the B side of the rail and the incoming plumbing on the A side. The AN fittings/adapters are available through Jegs or Summit. I don’t know the sizes, the SS lines are -6, but they have all the fittings.

I’ve no aversion to a barb fitting. It’s just tight on the B side and I thought a threaded fitting would be easy to put in if I knew the thread sizes.

Thanks for sharing Bernard.

What car is that on Larry? A lot of fittings in there for sure.
Gary

91 xj-s 5.3 conv. The fitting (blue) off the rail is the AN adapter.

The Facelift model that came out in 1992 had a different fuel rail. You will see that without modification to the rail there are 2 tap in points - the feed line and the return line.

Pre-Facelift (Pre 1992)

Facelift (Vin 179737 On)

Yes I see the difference, but I’m not familiar with your MY fuel rail. If You don’t want or can’t go the AN & stainless line rout, & yes that way is expensive. I would go either Kirbert’s way or weld a bung in the rail when you have the rail off & dismantled for fuel injection work.

Yes. I’m waiting till I take the rail and intakes off to do the camshaft cover then I’ll decide. I’ll perhaps be able to remove the Legris 12" hose at that point. It’s too cramped in there right now. Still considering the options.

Biggest challenge is sourcing the green sleeve. I cannot believe Jaguar would fabricate something totally unique.Darn thing doesn’t even have a part number.

Isn’t the green sleeve on the outlet side? I’d think you’d be measuring pressure on the inlet side. On the inlet side I just used two green AC o-rings because whatever was there on mine was missing.

The basic barb option at the connection from the tank…

Bob

No - It’s on the inlet side.

Thanks Bob.

It would be neat to rig something like the AJ6/AJ16 tool that fits at the fuel rail inlet port.
JD208

It turns out that Jaguar did make a fitting for the 92. JD181.

XJS 92 Fuel Pressure Test.pdf (371.2 KB)

Being told that CBC4720 is the Viton Seal. Fits the '92 supposedly. It does show up under unillustrated parts on the Pre-'92 and on the '92-96 6.0. Must have just missed it off the schematic on JDHT for the '92 5.3. We’ll find out pretty soon.