'94 XJS 6L V12 - secondary fuel pump is out and housing is deteriorated

My '94 V12 has a bad secondary fuel pump and the housing is deteriorated - can’t find another serviceable housing except at a ridiculous price - $675 used. Is there any out of tank inline high capacity fuel pump that I can substitute for both pumps and not have to deal with this again?

I would guess, the problem would be finding a place to plumb it in.
The fuel lines, in and out, are located under the car and travel over the diff.
I don’t think that would be a safe location to mount a fuel pump.
The second issue is the wiring and ECU would not speak to a forign fuel pump.

The early XJ40 had an external fuel pump on the chassis rail passenger side on RHD cars so certainly Jaguar didn’t worry about it.

Thanks for the info Stephen- that makes sense.
Anybody got any ideas how to get the second pump working in the tank, where it will prime and run properly w/o the housing?

I guess I could search for the proper size polyethylene food container and modify it to fit the pump and connections - hahaha…

But this is what finding some of these Jag parts has come down to - limited support for some of these vehicles out there…

Maybe I can help.

I have a tank and pump from a '94 XJS 6 litre.
Please see a private message.
Thanks,
Rob

Is the housing of the cap the problem ?
I 've seen a french owner repair of the upper part , where the hoes reach the pump
he used some resin and glass fiber

Robert, thanks for the offer, but right now I have a used one on the way, It looked kind of “iffy” in the pictures, but the price was right.
If it doesn’t pan out I’ll be back to you
Thanks again,
Jim Hardy