94 XJS V12 fuel pump question

All, my 1994 XJS V12 2+2 is not starting. Shamefully I have not started it in over a year and now it does not want to start. I suspect the fuel pump as I cannot hear it run. I am assuming that it’s plugged into the top of the fuel tank.

I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how to go about getting the tank out so that I can get the fuel pump out. Also, does anyone know if there is one or two fuel pumps and what are the part numbers?

I cannot seem to get a clear answer when I go online.

Thanks

Al in Carrollton , TX

This will give you the wiring diagrams for your car; http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Electrical/Elect-Tech%20All2/94%20XJS%20V12%20Electrical.pdf.

It does appear you have two fuel pumps. Check the fuses and the two relays first before ripping it apart.

Much more info available at jagrepair.com, free.

Jim.

Two pumps, but only one is running at startup.
If you cannot hear it running with the ignition ON, you can do two things:

1. Use a jumper wire and ground the relay
  2. Swap the connectors at the two pumps, effectively reversing #1 and #2.

The diagrams will help you identify the components

Steve

Thanks all, I’m pretty sure that it’s the pump because I was able to put a multi meter on the connector and see 12 volts for a couple of seconds when I reconnected the battery. What I’m more concerned about is the process for getting the tank out. Looks like everything is in there pretty tight and the fuse block above the battery does not seem to easily come away from the metal panel making it impossible to move the panel out of the way.