98-02 XKR-XJR engines loss of boost and vac leak

The supercharged engines, these MY’s is encountering vac leaks and loss of boost at RPM due to a heat warped plate that houses “gromets?” P# 1PA11974 (NLA) plate that holds these rubber tubes? in place is warping and causing A HARD TO DIAGNOSE problem for these engines. A 3/8s alloy plate can be machined to accommodate the ?gromets? that are located between the Supercharger and the intake body. Local shop here in Fresno makes these plates (improved design ) to solve this problem. Also, I recently looked at a 5ltr engine with the top of the cylinder blown out (not the head) due to ???poor casting or ???definitely not a sleeved block. My understanding is that the later MY XKR-XJR engines have been corrected or ??? Best, JW

Jaguar introduced a superseded part (kit) for the 4.0.

The Outlet Duct, Clamp Plates and Duct Seals have revisions…

I install them when I remove the parts as part of a repair.

bob

Are u willing to share parts numbers with folks here? Best JW

I remember seeing info on the updated parts and called the dealer I used to work at. I still buy parts from them so I got all the updated plates and seals. I don’t have the part numbers but the Jaguar Dealer will have the updated parts and part numbers (superseded part numbers).

bob