A post seals 1971 XKE OTS

Just received my new A and B post seals for my 1971 XKE series 2 OTS and I am having trouble fitting the A post seal at the bottom of the windshield post where its curves up. Seems to be a large rubber piece that is keeping the seal from fitting flush to the body. Do I need to cut this off and why is it there. Does anyone have pictures or video of this. Any information on this issue is appreciated.

Thanks
David Farley

On the better seals it’s a composite part with a firm corner that can withstand the door slamming on it, bonded to upper and lower legs that are much softer and will compress easily.

So long as you have removed every bit of old cement (which you really should do), then the part generally fits easily in that corner and the door can close. If it doesn’t then you’ll have the sand away part of the back of that corner piece until it does fit flush. A Dremel sanding drum works great.

Thanks Erica, it appears I am going to have to grind some so it will fit.

Thanks for the good info.

David Farley

I received a set of A-post seal from a vendor that was simply a longer segment of the B-post seal. It would not work. SNG sells a properly molded A-post seal that worked perfectly. Make sure your seal is shaped to fit the curves on the A-post.