A very nice example of a 340, but is it priced right?

Maybe it’s time to go with something already done and just drive and drive and keep those tools in the boxes. I love those aircraft toggles.
Phillip
https://www.savannahclassiccars.com/vehicles/175/1967-jaguar-mark-ii

Look’s nice but is it a 340 ?
Engine , bumpers , and a few other things don’t look right .
The 340 was made in the smallest numbers of the MK2 range , not including the 380 ,
Only MK2 worth that kind of money in my eyes would be a Coombs , but guess then there would be a 1 in front of the 3 :sunglasses:

Well, if you were to find an avg Mk 2, to restore it to this (possible) high condition would eat up a good chuck of 30 grand, so…

Looks like a nice usable car, with AC, ally radiator etc - few trim pieces missing from the interior (under dash) and the custom interior is okay if you like that sort of thing. No picnic tables suggests 340 – I would guess an ‘ambla’ model but re-trimmed in leather. Odd route for the HT leads but not a deal breaker – in the UK at that price (GBP£27K) is strong for a custom job and some would dismiss because of the interior (to re-do including correct door cards would be about GBP5k) and scruffy engine bay. If you like it, so long as underneath is okay and it drives well then buy it.

You consider that engine bay, “scruffy??”

1 Like

This is my daily.

Hi Ian,I think some of the 340’s that came to North America had the Mk2 style bumpers,I owned one myself,I am sure that if Jaguar had a batch of Mk2 bumpers in inventory at the start of 340 production they would been used them up before going to the slimmer style?
Regards Gerry 62 Etype Ots.

This car is a good example of the old 'cliche one man’s trash is another man’s treasure." I’m sure the PO could have spent upwards of 30K between paint, body work, mechanical work and air conditioning. That being said the two tone paint and upholstery would appeal to a limited customer base . In addition to that the ride height on the front end is way too high.
Last and certainly not least this car is not a real 340. Several hundred of the final Mark 2 3.4 cars which rolled off the LHD assembly line were shipped to the US badged as 340 to fool US customers into thinking they were purchasing a ‘new’ model. Real 340 cars had slim bumpers ribbed cam covers and a ‘zonal’ marked temperature gauge as opposed to the numerical version found on real Mark 2 cars.
I purchased my car badged as a 340 thirty years ago at which time checked my VIN # with Jaguar archives to confirm it was really a Mark 2. In fact the car even came with a Mark 2 owners manual.
The owner of the two tone car in the ad is surely aware of this which is why when repainted boot lid was fitted with a Mark 2 badge.

Nice, no doubt, but I’d be hard-pressed–and a level of OCD I ain’t!–to call the other, 'scruffy."

1 Like

Just keep asking ( and getting, more ) for any pre-70s Jaguar and I’ll keep smiling.

1 Like

Like said , boot badge , and top hose lay out are MK2 not 340 , but it has the dummy air grills at the front !

1 Like