About the XJ-S category

For discussing the Jaguar XJ-S, introduced in 1975 and made through 1996.

1 Like

Why would the XJ220 be included in this forum?

2 Likes

Great question Kirby…should be placed in concept/experimental/developmental/limited production machines…??? Malcom Sayer had little to do with the project AIR. 6cyl turbo engine probably almost killed the whole thing off inspite of a great engine, etc. Where are the XJ15’s…raced in their own class for $1mil in Monaco…bunch of them…at least 2 in OZ …Jordan Roddy imported one from Japan and restored it and sold before he ever got to race it.

1 Like

honestly it does not belong with other jaguar cars , and i do not know where it should be.

except in my garage!

For so many years the XJ220 has gone unnoticed mainly because they did not have a home by nature of their name XJ220 it speaks for its self it belongs to the XJ Register & belongs with the XJ-S’s
Regards
Bleasie
Jaguar Supercar Register XJ220/ XJR 15.

because kirbert…why not? :slightly_smiling_face:
after all…the v12 was supposed to go into it and btw…those electro/hydro boosted rakes still suck but not as bad as before. it tiik some work.

If an XJ220 were the only Jaguar I owned, I’d be mucho upset about having to subscribe to the XJ-S list and be inundated with the torrent of discussion that have zero relation to my car.

Here’s a better idea: There’s a “Racing” forum, isn’t there? The XJ220 belongs there.

Is there a xjs list like the xk-lovers list? Please respond to my email: sueum@aol.com.

there is a section on j.l. for the xjs. also,there is an xjs registry <http://www.xjsdata.com> as well s a few of us that don’t stick to conventional processes and have had quite interesting results.

kirbert has also written an informative tome on the subject of these cars you may find helpful.

85 xjs, had a fuel cell when I got it, found a good used gas tank, but I have no fittings that go into the tank, do not need full lines, just fittings that will fit into the tank, will hook into lines already on car from fuel cell, tried metric fittings, tried British fittings that I bought, no success, anyone know what type fittings go in there, just need main ones, one is brass so I can’t weld something in there, been trying, calling around for 3 years to resolve this, will even buy fitting with partial lines cut off of damaged old tank, but can’t find any, am in Pa. USA, ty. Paul

You might have better luck posting this in the “Classified” section. Where in W. Pa. are you?

I’m near you Slippery Rock Pa north of Pittsburgh!

1 Like

If you search “fuel tank fitting size” in the XJS category you might find some useful info.