ABS Valve Block Assembly part # JLM 11337

Per the subject box, I’m in need of a solution for my Jaguar A.B.S Valve Block Assembly for a convertible 1992 XJS V12 VIN SAJNW4849NC184364.

A rebuild kit would be great; the ABS Valve Block Assembly part number JLM 11337 even better still; a professionally rebuilt Valve Block works as well. Used/foraged units off of eBay don’t particularly excite.

The off the books suggestions have included “take it out and stomp on the brakes… it’s just a stuck valve” to “replace that damn Teves system with the tried and true systems from the previous era of XJS models (pre 1988?).”

I’ll look forward to your direction, thank you!

Peter

I man’s view- did fix my 92 with new brain, after “by the book” trouble shoot. I’d first go with that advice- work the system! Also- flush fluid if not done in a year. You may not like results if you try to replace system with older XJS type. Lastly- what is your specific trouble? Is one wheel sticking, trouble lite, both, other?? Could you have a bad/sticking caliper, bad resovore float?? Lastly- remember your accumulator is not a life time part.

Thank you for the tips. I’m not doing the work, a specialty shop has it (jaguars, Bentley, Aston s,Ferrari, Lamborghini, lotus etc.) and we’ve collectively worked it back to the valve assembly block, which jives with a jaguar service bulletin. They’d of fixed it by now but they’re so backed up they haven’t had time to do what’s becoming a laborious search… I know because I’ve been at it for a week now. And to my surprise, one dead end after another. I’m now sourcing England. Thanks again!

KWE car shop in England newsletter just noted they have been seeing more and more instances of ABS issues lately.

Mesh filters getting clogged with sludge

Wowww, great information, thank you!

Wowwww… this is great information, thank you!

Peter

Thank you, very much indeed.
Regards,
Richard Cielec
Greater Metro Chicago, Illinois; U.S.A.

Hello JimD !!! Really appreciated the bulletin you shared, amazing that it was dated just about the time of my inquiry/post. Unfortunately I’ve called and emailed them… no reply. Hmmmmm… so, being at a dead end (and the shop having my car for 5+ wks, we went with the salvage yard option. This shop charges $155 an hour so 3 hrs in, 3hrs out (more or less) you really want the part to work. Well it does, kinda. The brakes work great but the ABS feature does not. Unless there’s a shop or hobby guy that has fun rebuilding these, looks like that’s what I’ll be learning to do. Not that I need the abs feature but when this salvage part goes, I’ll have something worthy on hand… hopefully. Any ideas, I’m all ears. Thanks! peter

Finding a good second hand system is the only solution thus far?! Hmmmmmmm.

Apparently, so far… I’ve called the jag shops I’m familiar with (forget Moss) as well as 2 in England + a friend in England… nada. But finding a relay for the intrument lights was no problem; replacement visor clips for the ones the shop just broke… no problem; but a replacement ABS system? Forget about it.