AC Mod Fitment Bracket Woes

Thot I had this one “in the bag” after a chunk of research (you know what they say- the only thing that messes up good results from research it testing) and bought the bracket for the “York (or Tecumseh) to Sanden Bracket” offered up by many vendors. Was under the impression it would work for the vertical (mine) or horizontal compressors. Bracket will fit the new compressor body well enough but the (4) mounting holes to the engine mounting bracket (OEM Ser2 monstrosity- but I am sure it is plenty strong) are 2 5/8 in. square whereas the “adapter” is (4) slots centered at 4 1/2 x 3 3/8 in. rectangle. Many a time I would mod what I have in hand but I would have to chew this new bracket up in a big way to cut in (4) new slots that are near the existing slots in the bracket mounting plate.
Looks like the “claw” version of the bracket for the Sanden-to-York conversion has the same wider/longer bolt pattern.
Have done more research to no good end for the smaller bolt pattern-ed bracket. Any ideas outside of full-on fab of a new bracket? Will post some pics. Thanks
Thanks

I had the same problem when I replaced the original compressor with a Sanden unit when I rebuilt my 70 FHC. The adapter plates would not fit the existing bracket and I could not find an adapter plate that would fit, so I had to fabricate an adapter myself using some 1/4" plate and ‘ears’ to mount the compressor to his plate. The ‘ears’ are available precut from some A/C suppliers and the steel plate was from Lowe’s.
I did not want to alter the existing bracket in any way, so I made the adapter plate fit the bracket. It took an afternoon of mig welding, grinding/filing, drilling and powder coating, and it fits fine.
I recommend installing the compressor with the inlet/outlet to the left (from the driver’s perspective) as this gives more room for the hoses, and if you have not obtained hoses, use some ‘reduced barrier hose’, same ID but reduced OD and much easier to route (you’ll need some #8, #10, and #12 hose).
Since this is a non-standard set up, finding the correct V belt was by trial and error.
To make the holes and slots, I used a Rotabroach set. Very helpful for clean, larger diameter holes and much quicker than standard drill bits. If you have access to a drill press, get a Rotabroach set.
I’ll be glad to send you some pictures and drawings for the fabrication, and the V belt dimensions that worked for me, just PM me.

All good and helpful info!
Thx much!