Affordable E-type is there such a thing?

PM sent. I love my 67 4.2 2+2 . Its not perfect but fun to drive and fairly reliable so far ! My have to move on from it however !
Best
Dan

1 Like

That would be THE ONLY E Type I’d consider getting, again.

What you are getting with any cheap old car is a chance to buy a lot of new parts and a place to spend every waking hour trying to fix. In the end you will have lost years of enjoyment and in the case of really cheap car the investment of 10’s of thousands of dollars. If you can get a car without rust that would be the first choice, even if it’s $20,000 more. In the end, you will spend more on restoring a car than you could have bought a decent car for. But there is definitely something to be said for the satisfaction of seeing a piece of junk turn into something spectacular. Sadly there are many project cars around and many of them are dissembled because that was the easy and cheap part.

3 Likes

Keep looking…tell everyone you know that you are interested. Just helped a buddy pick up a '66 2+2, sure it has an automatic, but it solid and runs. He paid less than 15k…deals are still out there, just keep looking. JS

Here is one in Craigslist.

That term…“barn fresh”… cracks me up!

I guess it’s better than saying, “Chock full of mouse SH!t!”

thank god that’s not a cologne name…

1 Like

Would that be “barn fresh or “chock full of mouse sh!t” ?

1 Like

Could be a coffee :face_vomiting:

1 Like

quite literally in my case!

1 Like

Very well could be, and an expensive one at that. See Kopi Luwak

Yes “barn fresh” is the fabric softener, sold in bails.
Okay back to topic…

I have a 71 Series III coupe I bought some time ago. It is an original four speed car. There is no engine or transmission. It has some rust but is definitely restorable. My plans are, if I ever get to it, is to restore the body and put in a fuel injected 5.3 V12 mated to one of the five speed transmissions I have. I have both a Getrag and Jaguar five speed manual. The car is complete other than the engine, transmission, radiator. The interior is black, complete, and in decent condition except for the spare wheel cover board
If you have interest contact me off list at sjniznik@msn.com.
Where are you located

1 Like