Aftermarket RB 340 Voltage Regulators any good?

Hi

I need a replacement for my RB 340 Voltage Regulator for my '63 DHC. Searching the internet it seems that an original version is NLA. I found aftermarket direct replacements for $30-70. They all have the same housing. Does anybody have experience with these? Are they indeed all the same or is there a reason for the higher priced versions? With my car having positive on Ground, is there anything I need to know prior to installation?

Thanks!!

Nah not really come from China …… get a 12v solid state +ve ground and put inside old case…… reliable no mechanical parts yippee……. Rb340 were never able to be serviced…. Contact sets were not replaceable as the contacts were riveted … you could replace with a Lucas 6GC version 30 amp 37476

Thanks. I will look into this

Check ebay for NOS Lucas ones. They aren’t quite expired yet.

Or find a solid state that fits inside the original casing…… the originals are NOT serviceable as contacts cannot be replaced…… however 6gc regulators ( the subsequent model) are better and serviceable 37476 I believe is a 30 amp version

I think my Rovers use the same regulator: old, used, but usually operational. Let me know if you want one.

Thank you all. I will research further, probably solid state is the answer.