Alternator rebuild shops in Michigan

looking for alternator rebuild shop that does 1963 3.8L XKE in Mich

Where in Michigan? Adema Electric in Coopersville is an option, you would need to check with them about the specific alternator you are looking at. Also depends on the extent of the ā€œrebuildā€, of courseā€¦

John North
S2 Coupe
S1 Roadster

Thank you John. Iā€™m in Livonia only about 2 1/2hrs away. I will check with them.
Bob

Go to Hans Auto Electric on Grand River in Novi. He rebuilt mine last year. Heā€™s been around forever. Has 28 reviews on Google with a average of 5 stars.

Sorry to be pedantic but does your '63 have an alternator, E Types had a generator till '65. Doubt it makes any difference with regards to your question.
Cheers,
LLynn

You are right it is a generator. From what Iā€™m seeing the terms seem to have become interchangeable. Thanks

Hi Bob,
Not really, at least to me, if you want to have an alternator that looks like a Generator then you may want to research the ā€˜dynatorā€™ or similar. I put an alternator on my 64 that looks like a generator and it was made for an AH 300 and it was about that much cheaper as well.
Good luck,
Cheers,
Lynn

1 Like

Hadnā€™t heard of dynator. sorry about my lack of knowledge, but what is an AH 300? What is the advantage of alternator vs generator? Thanks Lynn
Bob

I believe Lynn was referencing an Austin Healey 3000.

A dynator is an alternator that looks like a generator: advantages are less dropping of voltage at idle, and no hi-current through the brushes. They may also use sealed bearings, unlike the bushes used in older generators.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying Paul, yes, Austin Healey 3000.
Hereā€™s an example: Dynators, Alternator Conversions and Dynamos for Classic CarsFosseway Performance
and another: Oops page not found
Cheers,
Lynn

My thoughts - but not in MIā€¦ consider sending to TAE in Tucson, excellent workā€¦
Thx
Nick