Aluminium half moon seals for V12

John

I am interested in a pair of your half-moon seals and, if you are still making it/it fits (didn’t notice an update to post 28), one chain tensioner plug. These are for my 1972 Series III E-Type V12 engine.

Please contact me to arrange payment and my shipping address: craigbalzer14735@gmail.com .

Craig

Yes I’m still making chain tensioner plug aa well as updated oil feed banjo bolts. I’ll send you separate mail with more details.

I’m going to throw away the ones I bought, buy these and permanently install my GoPro in the engine compartment and watch it on my phone.

3 Likes

Hi - I would like to order a set of these (half moon plugs).

Can you send me contact info via private message?

Best regards-

Chris

There is a link to each one johns custom parts on the ‘XJ-S parts’ section of ForeverXJS.com

Are these still available for purchase? Will these work for the AJ6 ?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
Yes they are available. I had few customers that fitted them to aj6. I’ll try to find pictures.
Try searching online parts catalogue https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/
If it has half-moon seals part number: C30431 then they will fit

1 Like

Hi, are the half moon seals still available for sale? And also the tension plug? Thank you.

Don’t know about the XK, but I do know that they did not fit 1994 4.0 MY

Hi John,

I was reading the post on the half-moon seals. Are you still making them and selling them?

Thanks
ruben.s.lerma@gmail.com
Ruben

Hi John, recently purchased a '91 XJS V12 and mechanic advised me to replace the valve cover gasket. I’m interested in a set of your aluminum half moon seals. Please let me know how to purchase, can be reached at mattyhilt87@gmail.com, or 480-332-6084.

Thanks,
Matt Hilton

@John_John1, customer calling!

1 Like

And if you haven’t done so yet, this would be good time to replace the oil feed banjo bolts at the back of the engine. And the timing chain damper release hole cover at the front of the engine. If I remember correctly John John has machined all these pieces.

If he doesn’t answer here, he also has parts on ebay.

Hi - do you still do the half moon seals, chain tensioner plug, SS oil feed banjo bolts and radiator bleed pipe banjo bolts for the V12 - I have an 86 XJSC I and cleaning up.

Hi, yes I do. Here’s a link to my eBay shop:

do you still carry the chain tensioner plug? I got one before an other jag - worked great

Hi, yes I do. Here’s a link:

As @JimD_in_Alabama mentioned, it’s also a good time to R&R the banjo bolts.
The bolts are in the above-provided eBay link

John,
Do you still have the lower temp V12 cooling fan thermal switches? I didn’t see them on your ebay store.

Jon