And So the Fun Begins

I purchased this vehicle (65) from a fellow lister a few months back. A great experience as I purchased it off of the Classifieds page, It was originally Carmen Red and I was initially compelled to respray the same color and simply have it as a driver. However, I have always felt drawn to this color and upon seeing it for the first time I am now up to my neck in a very Big Project.

Very happy with how the paint came out and simply wanted to share as it is achingly beautiful. I have still not seen it in broad daylight (came home on a foggy day) and I know the dark garage does not do it justice.

Anyway, thanks to the former owner (you know who you are). I’ll do you proud.

Mark Verwiel
San Rafael CA

8 Likes

That is purdy indeed!

Fab colour …did you strip it to bare metal…. Any repairs required?

I’ll say! Beautiful indeed, enjoy.
Alan

Yes. Stripped to bare metal and there was a fair amount of rust and a couple former repairs that we addressed. The floor around the left radius arm required repair as well. But for the most part I was very lucky

Beautiful. Is it a 65 or 67 ?

Handsome car Mark! I do like that color…

Was it a Cal car?

I think it’s fun to look around in other people’s garages

3 Likes

Yes, agree. I was looking to see if the ears of the cat on his growler emblem extend into the black squares or the white ones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

and here you go “while you are at it…” an quickly down the rabbit hole…

Congratulations, Mark. That is a beautiful color and it will be a stunning looking car when completed. Enjoy the process.
Bill.

Mark I love the color; what color is it? Did you have it painted locally because it’s gorgeous and the panel fit is superb!

Andy

Educate me - what’s that all about??

Absolutely Stunning!! I love the garage too! :heart_eyes:

Well done Mark,
That is really beautiful.
All the best with the assembly and please keep us in the loop.
Regards
Chris
Cape Town

Beautiful. Looks very similar to opalescent dark blue.

The factory horn push growler’s ears end in black squares, the (poor IMO) repros end in white squares along with other differences.

2 Likes

Even as a Carmen Red owner I too think your color looks better on an E. I have always been partial to the darker colors since they help camouflage the vertical bonnet and door shut lines that kinda disrupt the wonderful front to rear flow of the curves. One of my personal quirky rules for my cars though is that color changes are not allowed so I will have to “suffer” with red for the rest of my life.

David
68 E-type FHC

Hi, I had my 65 OTS resprayed in the same Opalescent Dark Blue, it is one of my favorite colors!Here is my car on display at the 50th celebration of the E type in New York.Celebration+Jaguar+Design+50th+Anniversary+XLxWXd8UGx_l

6 Likes

Nice color…
I have a light (French blue) interior.

1 Like