Another headache

Bill thanks…I should have 3 but if not will text you…
Thanks we should know by Friday
Gtjoey1314

I had the same concern after a rebuild (probably by the same highly respected company). I was told the parts were nonexistent and that it would be obvious which light was operable with only dim ambient light showing through the other gems. I wasn’t happy. In fact, what they said was true. The slight bleed through does not bother me and it is obvious which warning light is triggered. If you want to yield to your more obsessive instincts, search for a fix. Otherwise, install it as Is and enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Self explaining…You can see as I moved the bulb around what happens.
Plus look at the trip odometer
Remember the Lights aren’t on either
I’m sorry but that is terrible
It will be fixed AFTER I have to redo it myself
This is the new world order … oh well
I could not live with the above and that’s an original terrible bulb!
Gtjoey1314

Don’t do it! You have so much to live for.

I must say, it’s an unusual thing to fixate on given how rarely those lights are ever illuminated.

Its not the end of the world but…
You pay 4 times what you did 10 years ago and in return, PRAY if anything gets done.
Its a sad state across the board not just cars.
I drive 4 to 5,000 miles a year at night.
Do I really need a rainbow 3 inches from my face, remember the GAGE face plate lights weren’t on which would bleed the other way as well.
The true issue is TELL ME , as I HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL APART TO MAKE IT RIGHT.
gtjoey1314

I don’t understand, didn’t you say above your sourced some replacement light boots? If they didn’t work, just put your thinking cap on and find a material you can use to channel and shield the light from the holes to the jewels. I’d say just use shrink wrap but the heat would make it shrink. There are tons of materials that would work though. You could even just 3d print parts in the shape of the old boots.

I kind of like rainbows though. It’s all a state of mind really.

1 Like

Please reread the posts.

I used some body grommets I had laying around. the kind we have all over the car that wires pass thru, found a few small ones and just put them around the original bulbs. close enuf for as often as any of those lights are on.