Antifreeze leak

I visited the mechanic today. He says, getting fuel as far as the injectors but thats it.
He is requesting I ask you (collectively) some questions.
I will get those in the next day or so.
Most scary, is he removed the rear seat and discovered several sitting gallons of water behind it. Thanks in advance. Of course, this is the Thanksgiving holiday soon.
Kathy / 89 white.

Hi Kathy-
We need to know if the car has a Marelli ignition. Please take a picture looking straight down at the top of the distributor, so we can see the configuration of the wires. We will need to know this to help troubleshoot injector and addition problems. 89 was a change over year , so it could have Marelli, or it could have Lucas.

A common entry point for water, is the vents on the c pillars, which separate the side quarter windows for the rear window. Water can get in there and build up down behind the seatbelt retractors. That’s not exactly underneath the backseat though so that may not be the problem. The cause is that the rubber flappers that are supposed to seal the vents are probably shot. They are on my car, I just don’t drive in the rain. You can pull the glass out and repair them, but that should be the least of your worries at this point.

Best
Bob

Bob Brackney

I just recalled that maybe this car is a convertible, in which case ignore everything I just said about water.

Bob Brackney

It is a coupe Bob :-)))

1 Like

Hello,
It’s 8 pm here at present, I will get those pictures first thing in the morning. I can’t thank you enough.
I do know the previous person wired the fuel pump to the antenna. That was shorted out.
Wire was run to the ignition on top of the motor.
Won’t start.
Talk soon. Thanks so much.
Kathy E.