Any body know what this is?

Hi,

Sorry, I like it too, but all electric wiring is a big mess done by some ham-fisted bloke in the 1970’s. The only way to correct it is to take everything apart. I already bought 10 years ago all wiring from Rhode Island Wiring and have been looking for the last missing parts and a genuine sample of Brich Grey.

Also the hood (in Murrican the convertible top) is falling apart when driving and it does not hold water. :frowning:

But it has had a good run!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Wiring and the hood… OK, you have my permission to fix those! :slight_smile:

I assume there’s somebody in that neck of the woods, that knows how to redo one of those complex tops…?

1 Like

My car is similar, though the person who did it decided to make life more simple and use the same coloured wire almost all throughout the car! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Yes, the same! All thick wires are black and all thin wires are white! :frowning_with_open_mouth:

And some connectors are seriously corroded now 40 years later.

Cheers!

It’s a conspiracy. My 120 came to me with all wires from the dash forward red or green.
I redid it with Rhode Island harnesses, a fair amount of work, but what a relief to have it right now.

3 Likes

I forgot to ask if you were ringing the Bermuda Bell from the church to the city? :wink:

Tim

2 Likes

:laughing: Not all the way, but of course after starting and at most crossings and roundabouts etc. :+1:

Cheers!

1 Like